The complex context of Lebanon, with its 12 Christian denominations and 4 Muslim groups, calls for an interpretation of the relationships between these denominations in all aspects. Our team is interested in studying their position in the public space, the relationship between each other, their places of worship and their shared rituals. The relationship between religion and politics, the figures of dialogue between religions are parts of the team’s research interest. This issue goes beyond that of Lebanon to allow comparisons with other situations elsewhere.
- Affiliated university of the research group - Country
- Université Saint Joseph, Beirut / Lebanon
- Research approach and methodology / Research area
The team’s approach to these issues is that of human sciences, including anthropology, sociology, history and geography.
- Working language of the group
- French, occasionally English and Arabic