RGKW is an interdisciplinary centre of research based at the Faculty of Catholic Theology (Innsbruck). It conducts fundamental research in the field of religion-communication-violence-world order and particularly focusses on the relevance of revelation and (ecclesiastical) practice today in communication with other religions and “Weltanschauungen” in a plural society. Guided by a common topic (since 2014: Pope Francis and his reform process) the members of the group contribute from their respective main research areas.
- Affiliated university of the research group - Country
- University of Innsbruck / Austria
- Research approach and methodology / Research area
Two main approaches:
- Dramatic Theology
- Communicative Theology
Concerning Islam there are currently the following areas of research within RGKW:
- Developing a possible Christian approach towards Muhammad being a prophet
- Divine attributes from a Christian – Jewish – Muslim perspective
- Islam and the secular / Islam in a secular Europe
- Developing an interreligious model of religious education: a cooperation between the Institutes of Catholic Religious Education and Islamic Religious Education at the University of Innsbruck
- Research group leader
University Assistant at the Institute of Systematic Theology - University of Innsbruck.
- Working language of the group
- German (and English)