Project HIWAR was conceived on the grounds of a group of researchers from the Universidad Pontificia Comillas that had the committed dedication to converse, get closer to and build bridges with Islam. Making the most of the experience of inter-religious dialogue that the Society of Jesus has been developing from General Congregation 34, this group aims to deepen the experience involved in sharing those values that unite us with other religious denominations in general and in particular with Islam.
For this, and as urged by Father General Arturo Sosa SJ in the most recent General Congregation we feel like companions in a mission of Reconciliation and Justice » and all who seek the common good, are called to contribute from their religious-spiritual traditions towards the building of peace, on local and global levels ».
Thus, from the HIWAR group we aim to develop a series of activities, both academic and dissemination activities that have no other aim than to bring together those that, being brothers, have been separated by fundamentalism, intolerance or simply through lack of knowledge.
- Affiliated university of the research group - Country
Universidad Pontificia Comillas – Espagne
- Research approach and methodology / Research area
Psycology, Political Science, Economy, Law, Internacional Relations, History and Theology
Research Areas and projects
- The Fight against Islamophobia (ongoing) funded by Comillas University
- Islamic Finances (ongoing) funded by Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (Ministry of Economy)
- Inter-Religious Dialogue
- Economy and Halal Certification
- De-radicalisation and prevention of terrorism
- (Public) Islamic Diplomacy
- Islamic Art and Culture
- Research group leader
Professeur au département de relations internationales - Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid